Sunday, July 5, 2009

happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!
I got a day off dancing yesterday, thanks to the US. As part of my all-American education, I had burgers with Simon, Katie, and Sonia, and went along with them to my very first live baseball game. The whole thing was pretty hilarious and entertaining. The lemonade vendor was definitely one of the best amusement. O and the little shows they put on in between games. I had a huge Budweiser and cheesy fries, with that I blended in the crowd pretty well. 
The fireworks were absolutely gorgeous though. I was reminded of those nights of firework celebrations in Hong Kong when millions of people all tried to rush to the harbor...argh disastrous. The same thing happened in Tokyo except they put a festival where the fireworks are so you got to chill with yakisoba and kushiyaki and beer while crashing with people. Here I found myself sitting at a baseball stadium in my own seat comfortably and just raise my head effortlessly. say so much about cultures huh. that was an experience. 

No comments:

Yina Ng Dance

Yina Ng Video